Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The Impossible List

Alright, so during my time of recovery a while back, I was doing some research into just some proper running stuff, motivation, etc. and I stumbled upon the The Impossible Blog. It's a website by a man name Joel Runyon, who has really gotten motivation right. He wrote and completed a lot of his own "impossible list" which is basically the list of things you or other people may have thought were impossible for you to achieve. But through motivation, determination, and a lot of encouragement and support, you can really do some 'impossible' things in your life. They have a 7 day email series which really motivates you to get up and get out doing some amazing things in life. It inspired me a lot, and helped me get over a slow period in my training session. I went through the email series, and I sat down and put together my "Impossible List" its got things ranging from fitness, to travel, and random things I want to accomplish in life.

Here's what I came up with. I am sure as time goes on that I will change and add things, and I will update as I manage to accomplish things on the list. Its not enough to live an ordinary life, I want to get out and do the extraordinary!



The Impossible List
Fitness Goals
Run a 10K
Run a Half Marathon
Run a Marathon
Run a Duathlon
Run a Triathlon
            Fake Triathlon
            Sprint Distance Triathlon
            Olympic Distance Triathlon
            Half Ironman Triathlon
            Ironman Triathlon
Get Ripped with the Hollywood Physique
Get a six pack
100 Consecutive pushups
100 Consecutive Sit-ups
Do 5 one-armed pull-ups with each arm
Do 10 one-armed pushups with each arm
Achieve a black belt in a martial art
Travel Goals
Visit Every Continent
            North America
            South America
            Europe
            Asia
            Australia
            Antarctica
            Africa
Go Swimming in Every Ocean
            Pacific
            Atlantic
            Indian
            Arctic
Obtain Dual citizenship in two countries
Swim in the Atlantic and Pacific Ocean in the same day
Visit Mount Rushmore
Go Through the Panama Canal
Dance Tango in Argentina
Dance in the Moulin Rouge
Visit Machu Picchu
Visit the Blarney Stone in Ireland
Visit Stonehenge
Climb the Eifel Tower
Visit the Palace of Versailles
Visit the Notre Dame Cathedral
Gamble in a tuxedo in Monte Carlo (Hehehe James Bond style)
Attend Oktoberfest in Germany
Visit the Coliseum, Vatican, and St. Peter’s Basilica
Visit the Leaning Tower of Pisa
Visit the Parthenon
Visit the Pyramids
Go on an African Safari
Go on a walk about in Australia
Climb Mt. Kilimanjaro
Ride a Camel through the Sahara Desert
Visit the Great Wall of China
Visit the Taj Mahal
Skydive in New Zealand
Scuba dive in the Great Barrier Reef
Study Kung Fu at the Shaolin Temple
Set foot on Land in Antarctica
Chum around with a Penguin!
Visit Pompeii
Visit New York City
Take a gondola on the canal in Venice
Visit Petra in Jordan

Random Accomplishments
Change one person’s life for the better.
Become Fluent in 4 languages
Go without the internet for a month
Go without a car for a month
Go Skydiving
Go Bungee Jumping
Go Scuba diving
Learn to Surf
Bike across America
Do a Cross Country road trip
Be in a Flash Mob
Be an extra in a movie
Put $100,000 in the bank
Donate $100,000
Write an eBook
Write a real book
Start and maintain a successful blog
Go White Water Rafting
Be in a commercial
See the Northern Lights
Research my ancestry as far back as possible
Attempt the Ninja Warrior Course
Pilot an airplane
Perform on stage in front of at least 1,000 people
Write and record a song
Buy my own island
Climb a Mountain
Take a road trip from LA to New York
Stay in the Amazon Jungle for 3 days
Learn to play the guitar
Go to an airport and board a plane without planning as to where I am going
Take an international trip with both of my families
Take dance lessons in
Swing  Salsa   Tango  Ballroom    Samba
Swim with dolphins
Embarrass myself in front of hundreds of people
Create my own drink, and get it on a menu at a bar or restaurant
Live abroad in another country for at least 3 months
Camp on a beach under the stars and watch the sunrise
Own a Kawasaki or Yamaha motorcycle
Buy and restore a 1969 Ford Mustang
Stay in a Bungalow in Bora Bora
Join the Military
Build my own house
Marry the woman of my dreams
Be an influence for Christ in at least one person’s life
Start my own Personal Training business, no matter how small
Become a youth minister
Get a Masters in something
Events to Attend
Visit and participate in the Burning Man
Participate in the Running of the Bulls
Mardi Gras in New Orleans
St. Patrick’s Day in Dublin, Ireland

11 comments:

  1. LOL! you call me for the events list =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've actually done five of these, all in the Random Accomplishments.

    Still, MAN...this seems less of a Impossible List and simply a "To Do" List.

    Though...where is the swimming with the sharks or fighting a shark options? I wouldn't go so far as a bear, but I'd LOVE to punch a shark dead in the nose and just knock it the hell out.

    I mean, THAT'S a story, y'know? Admittedly though, it doesn't top that one guy who actually killed a bear with his bare hands.

    ...now THAT is something for the Impossible List! But maaaaan, I bet if you had enough money you could arrange an honest-to-goodness fight against a bear.

    I'm just sayin', man...

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats quite an impossible list without having a truckload of money :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. already done:
    - Do 5 one-armed pull-ups with each arm
    - Do 10 one-armed pushups with each arm
    -North America visited
    -Europe (well, i life there)
    -Stonehenge visited
    -Oktoberfest, fuck yeah =D
    -been without internet for 2 months
    -well, im starting a blog but if it will get succesfull? ^^

    damn, i have still much to do

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Nice post, really got me pumped!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow nice dude you've got some great ideas! +followed by starcraftdinner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow... That's an impossible list! Even if I've already achieved 6 of your "challenges" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i dont think its possible to achieve all of those. Maybe its better to aim for certain ones.

    2ndstart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. If one man can complete all of this, i think that is a life well lived for sure

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice list... if you can dream it you can do it!

    +Followed computerfixins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Impossible? Challenge Accepted.

    ReplyDelete